CHICAGO — Six people were killed and six others were injured in shootings across the city since Tuesday morning, police said.
The fatal shootings included:
• A North Lawndale shooting streamed on Facebook Live ended in the deaths of a 25-year-old man and 2-year-old Lavontay White. The boy's pregnant aunt was also shot.
• A man was shot dead driving southbound on Lake Shore Drive near Fullerton Avenue.
• A North Lawndale shooting killed a 30-year-old man.
• A Garfield Park shooting killed a 62-year-old man.
In non-fatal shootings:
• In Austin, an 18-year-old man was shot in his leg while in the 4900 block of West Hubbard Street. He took himself to West Suburban Hospital where he is listed in good condition. The shooting occurred at 10 p.m.
• In Humboldt Park, a 22-year-old man was shot in a drive-by while walking in the 1600 block of North Keeler Avenue at 7:15 p.m. After someone shot him in the lower back and buttocks from a dark-colored sedan he was taken to Norwegian-American Hospital, then Stroger Hospital.
• In Austin, two people were shot in the 200 block of South Laramie Avenue at 4:17 p.m. A male victim was shot in his arm and taken to Stroger Hospital. A female victim was shot in her finger and taken to Loretto Hospital. Both are in good condition.
• In Austin, a 28-year-old man was shot in his right leg while in the 1300 block of North Mayfield Avenue at 11:15 a.m. He was treated at the scene.