CHICAGO — Shootings killed five people and wounded 39 over the weekend, police said.
Of those victims, one was killed and five were wounded in shootings since Sunday morning.
• At 5:10 p.m. Sunday, a 24-year-old man was shot and killed in Back of the Yards.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 11 p.m. Sunday, a 32-year-old woman was shot in Auburn Gresham, police said. The woman was standing on a porch in the 7700 block of South Sangamon Street when a car pulled up and someone inside fired shots at the woman.
The woman was hit in her right arm and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where her condition was not available but she was listed as "stable," police said.
• At 9:40 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was shot in Woodlawn, police said. The woman was in an alley in the 1400 block of East 66th Place when a white Toyota pulled up and someone inside fired shots at the woman.
The woman was hit in her back and left shoulder and her head was grazed by a bullet. She was taken to Northwestern Hospital, where her condition was not available but she was listed as "stable," police said.
• At 7 p.m., two 16-year-old boys were shot at 31st Street Beach.
• At 12:47 p.m., a 19-year-old man was shot in Little Village.
No one was in custody in these shootings.
Shootings left two people dead and 31 wounded Saturday to Sunday, and two people were killed and three wounded between Friday and Saturday.