ROGERS PARK — Parting is always such sweet sorrow.
In the Far North Side neighborhoods of Rogers Park, Edgewater and West Ridge, about a dozen or so notable businesses were lost, or moved, this year.
From Deluxe Diner, to the back-and-forth of Towbar, to the heartbreaking closing of Muller Meats on Peterson Avenue, we've memorialized some of the closures that stuck out.
Cheers to you, lost businesses — and to new growth in 2016.
Read about the businesses that closed:
• Big Changes Ahead as True Nature Foods Merges with Heartland Cafe
• Towbar in Rogers Park Sold, New Name on the Way, New Owner Says
• After Less Than a Year, Original Towbar Owners Back, Motorcycle Cafe Out
• Edgewater Cheetah Gym Closing Oct. 31, Moving Clients To Andersonville Spot
• Edgewater Lounge Closed for Good, Hopes to Have 'One Last Hoorah' Friday
• Tears, Hugs and Bacon Flow as Muller Meats Closes for Good
• Deluxe Diner Being Transformed Into 'Cozy Corner' Pancake Restaurant
• Seasonal Highs And Lows Force Neighborhood Yarn Shop To Close Come January
• Bullhead Cantina Rogers Park Closes, 'New Concept' on the Way
• Golden Mini Mart Closes on Morse Avenue
• Mexican Joint La Cazuela For Sale on Clark Street
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: