WEST LOOP — In an effort to improve biker safety in the area, a West Loop group is hosting two free bike tours through Fulton Market Wednesday.
The bike tours, at 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wednesday, are open to the public. Bikers should meet at Macello Ristorante & Pizzeria, 1235 W. Lake St.
The Randolph/Fulton Market Association, a city delegate agency, planned the bike tours in an effort to find solutions to improve safety and efficiency for bicyclists in the bust Fulton Market area.
The agency is recommending:
• a new traffic signal at the Morgan and Lake intersection
• a new traffic signal at the Fulton and Halsted intersection
• a new traffic signal at the Hubbard and Halsted intersection
• widening Racine Street between Lake and Carroll Streets
• steps to make Randolph Street more bicycle friendly
The Randolph/Fulton Market Association led the campaign to construct the CTA Morgan Street station, said Roger Romanelli, the group's executive director.
For more information, contact Romanelli at 773-531-6370.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: