CHICAGO — Shootings over the weekend left nine people dead and 14 wounded, police said.
Six of those victims have been shot since Sunday morning, with two people dead and four wounded. A 7-year-old girl who was accidentally shot Sunday in a Calumet Heights home was critically wounded, police said.
• At 12:33 p.m. Sunday, a shooting in Auburn Gresham left a 26-year-old man dead.
• At 11:10 a.m., a 22-year-old man was gunned down in South Shore.
In nonfatal shootings:
• At 8:10 p.m. Sunday, a 22-year-old man was shot in Belmont Cragin, police said. The man was riding a bike in the 5400 block of West Schubert Avenue when someone in a car drove up to him and a person in the car fired shots.
The man was hit in his leg and he was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital in serious condition, police said.
The gunman drove off, police said.
• At 6:55 p.m., a 23-year-old man was shot in Austin, police said. The man was walking in the 5900 block of West Adams Boulevard when he heard shots and felt pain.
The man was hit in his leg and he took himself to West Suburban Hospital in good condition, police said.
• At 2:37 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in Washington Heights, police said. The man was walking in the 9700 block of South Green Street when someone got out of a car and fired shots at him.
The man was hit in his leg and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center. His condition was not available but he was listed as "stable," police said.
• At 10:46 a.m., a 20-year-old man was shot in South Shore, police said. The man was standing in the 6800 block of South Ridgeland Avenue when someone in a white car drove up and a person in the car fired shots at the man.
The man was hit in his upper left thigh and taken to Northwestern Hospital. His condition was not available but he was listed as "stable," police said.
The gunman drove away after the shooting, police said.
No one was in custody in the shootings.
Shootings left four people dead and three wounded between Saturday and Sunday, and three people were killed and seven wounded in shootings between Friday and Saturday.