CHICAGO — Shootings have killed two people and wounded nine since Monday morning, police said.
• At 12:58 a.m. Tuesday, a 30-year-old man was shot to death in Roseland. Two other men, 25 and 24, were seriously wounded.
• At 2:10 p.m. Monday, a 48-year-old man was gunned down as he stood outside in Grand Crossing.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 12:10 a.m. Tuesday, a 25-year-old man was shot in Garfield Park, police said. The man was sitting on the porch of a home in the first block of North Francisco Avenue when two people walked up to him and fired shots.
The man was hit in his right hand and he was taken to Stroger Hospital. His condition was not available but he was listed as "stable," police said.
Officers on duty in the area heard the shots and and found the wounded man. Then they saw there was a bullet hole in the back driver's side window of their squad car, police said.
There's no sign the officers were an intended target, police said.
• At 4:14 p.m. Monday, a 33-year-old man was shot in North Lawndale, police said. The man was in the 1300 block of South Homan Avenue when he was shot in his left forearm and right thigh.
The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.
No further information was immediately available.
• At 3:17 p.m., a 23-year-old man and 21-year-old man were shot in North Lawndale, police said. The men were walking in the 1200 block of South Springfield Avenue when several people walked up to them and fired shots.
The 23-year-old man was hit in his groin and the 21-year-old man was hit in his leg, police said. The two were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where they were in good condition.
• At 2:35 p.m., a 26-year-old woman was shot in Logan Square.
• At 10:37 a.m., a 17-year-old was shot in Washington Heights, police said. The teen was walking in the 10300 block of South Aberdeen Street when he heard shots and was hit.
The teen was shot in his leg and he was taken to Roseland Community Hospital, where he was in good condition, police said.
No one was in custody in these shootings.