CHICAGO — Eight people were shot in incidents across Chicago since Friday morning.
None of the incidents were fatal. The incidents include:
• In West Englewood around 6:09 a.m., a 23-year-old man was shot while sitting in a car in the 6400 block of South Hoyne Avenue.
A silver sedan pulled up next to his car and someone inside the sedan shot at him, wounding him in his hand and grazing him in the neck.
The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• In Garfield Park around 2:18 a.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old man was shot in his leg while standing on the sidewalk in the 200 block of South Kildare Avenue.
In the incident, a white Chevrolet Malibu drove up. A gunman got out and shot at him before fleeing in the car.
The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
• In Austin around 2:16 a.m., a 24-year-old man was shot in his leg while standing on the sidewalk in the 300 block of North Lorel Avenue. He was taken to West Suburban Hospital in good condition.
• In Ashburn around 10:30 p.m. Friday, a 22-year-old man was shot in a drive-by while in the 7900 block of South Springfield Avenue.
The shooter was sitting in a silver Lexus which pulled up to the victim near Bogan High School.
The victim was shot in his head and right shoulder.Someone took him to Advocate Christ Medical Center where he is in serious condition.
• In Garfield Park around 11:35 p.m., a 36-year-old man was shot in a drive-by while in the 3300 block of West Flournoy Street. He was standing on the street when he was shot in his leg. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
• A 17-year-old boy was shot in Logan Square.
• In Little Village around 3:56 p.m., a 51-year-old man was shot while sitting outside of a home in the 2500 block of South Troy Street.
A gunman approached while he was sitting on the side of the building and shot at him, grazing him on his torso.
The victim was taken to Mount Sinai in good condition while the gunman fled on foot.
• In Grand Crossing around 2:18 p.m., a 49-year-old man was shot in his leg while he was in the 7100 South Ellis Avenue. He took himself to South Shore Hospital.
No one is in custody in any of the shootings.