CHICAGO — Police are urging residents to be cautious after six cars were stolen on the Near South Side this month.
According to a community alert from the Chicago Police Department, the thefts happened:
• About 12:30 p.m. June 6 in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue
• About 7:18 p.m. June 6 in the 4100 Block of South Drexel Boulevard
• About 1:23 p.m. June 6 in the 3900 Block of South Lake Park Avenue
• About 11 p.m. June 10 in the 600 Block of East Oakwood Boulevard
• About 7:13 p.m. June 16 in the 600 Block of East 42nd Street
• And about 11 p.m. June 19 in the 4 in the 100 Block of South Berkeley Avenue.
Officers advised against leaving keys in cars, and residents are encouraged to call 911 to report suspicious loiterers. Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8380 and mention Alert No. P17-1-159CA.