CHICAGO — Two people were killed and 19 others were injured — including two girls at a school playground picnic — since Friday, police say.
A man was killed and two others were injured in a Friday night shooting that occurred in an Englewood front yard.
An 18-year-old man was killed in Park Manor Friday afternoon.
A man was killed and another was wounded in front of a Chatham apartment building Friday afternoon.
In non-fatal shootings:
• A man was shot in Washington Park while getting out of the passenger side of a parked car in the 5600 block of South Wabash Avenue at 5 a.m. Saturday.
He was shot in both ankles and driven by a family member to St. Bernard Hospital where he is in good condition.
• A 28-year-old man was shot while near the North Pond in Lincoln Park early Saturday morning.
• Three men were shot in a Chatham alley. The incident occurred in the 300 block of East 90th Place at 1:21 a.m.
A 30-year-old man was shot in his left leg, a 27-year-old man was shot in his right shoulder and a 25-year-old man was shot in his left thigh. They were all taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• A woman was shot while driving in Pilsen Friday night.
• In the Tri-Taylor area, a man was grazed in his left thigh while walking on the sidewalk in the 3500 block of West 13th Street at 10:23 p.m. He was treated and released from Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In Humboldt Park, a 21-year-old man was shot in the 1100 block of North Kedvale Avenue at 9:20 p.m. He was standing on the sidewalk when he was shot at from a white sedan. The victim was shot in his right arm, back and neck and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In North Lawndale, a 20-year-old man was shot in his left leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital. The incident occurred in the 1200 block of South Tripp Avenue at 8:09 p.m.
• In Roseland, a 22-year-old woman was shot while sitting in a parked car in the 0-100 block of East 104th Street at 6:29 p.m. She was shot in her arm by someone in a passing vehicle.
The woman was taken to Roseland Community Hospital in good condition.
• In Little Village, a 26-year-old man was shot in his foot while in the 2400 block of South Washtenaw Avenue at 5:15 p.m. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In North Lawndale, a 28-year-old man was shot critically in his left arm and abdomen while in the 1800 block of South Lawndale Avenue at 3:51 p.m. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In Humboldt Park, a 50-year-old woman was shot in her right leg while walking in the 4000 block of West North Avenue at 2:09 p.m. The shooting occurred when two vehicles approached and someone in one of the cars shot at the other. She was not the intended target and was taken to St. Mary's Hospital.
• In Austin, a 23-year-old man was shot in a drive-by while walking in the 5100 block of West Thomas Street at 1:42 p.m. The shooters fled in a 4-door dark colored sedan. The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In West Pullman, a 42-year-old man was shot in his arm while standing in a doorway in the 12300 block of South Yale Avenue at 1:31 p.m. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
• Two girls, 7 and 13 years old, were shot on the playground outside Warren Elementary in Pill Hill. They had non-life-threatening injuries.