CHICAGO — A man wounded near the 18th Street Pink Line Station in Pilsen was one of nine people shot — one fatally — in the city since Wednesday night, police said.
A 23-year-old man was walking on the sidewalk near the 'L' station in the 1700 block of West 18th Street when shots were fired from a dark-colored sedan about 11:45 p.m., police said.
The man, a documented gang member, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with a bullet wound in his left leg. He is in good condition.
Early Thursday morning, an 18-year-old man was fatally shot in Humboldt Park.
In other shootings:
• In Auburn Gresham, a 25-year-old man was shot in his buttocks while in the 8500 block of South Carpenter Street about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night, police said. The documented gang member was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in good condition, police said.
• In Washington Heights around 10:45 p.m., a 32-year-old man walking on the sidewalk in the 1200 block of West 97th Street was shot in his left leg and lower back, police said. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
• Ten minutes earlier in Woodlawn, two men were shot while on the sidewalk in the 6200 block of South King Drive, police said. Both men are documented gang members. A 39-year-old man shot in his leg was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he is in stable condition. A 32-year-old man is in serious condition after being shot in his face and taken to Stroger Hospital.
• In Roseland around 9 p.m., a 22-year-old man was shot in his right arm and a 31-year-old woman was shot in her thigh while both were on a porch in the 10000 block of South Princeton Avenue, police said. The shooter emerged from a black SUV, fired at the porch and fled in the vehicle. The man was taken to Roseland Hospital, while the woman went to Christ.
• A 28-year-old man was shot at 7:05 p.m. while in the 5200 block of West Oakdale Avenue in Belmont Cragin, police said. A documented gang member, the man was walking near the mouth of an alley and saw a gunman firing shots from it, police said. As the victim ran, he realized he was shot in his leg. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: