Divvy and the city's Transportation Department provided Hairston's office with a list of 17 proposed stations that would extend the bike-sharing service as far south as 71st Street and Cottage Grove Avenue.
Hairston is asking residents to look over the list of new stations and weigh in on the proposed locations by Friday.
The bike-sharing program expanded south to include Hyde Park last summer and saw 4,859 bikes checked out from the six Hyde Park stations from August through December, according to trip data from Divvy.
The Ellis Avenue/58th Street station near the University of Chicago campus and the South Shore Drive/55th Street station at Promontory Point were by far the most used, according to Divvy data from 2013, with more than 10,000 bikes checked out from both locations last year.
The full list of proposed stations includes:
• Cornell Avenue and Hyde Park Boulevard
• Ellis Avenue and 53rd Street
• Lake Park Avenue and 53rd Street
• Ellis Avenue and 55th Street
• University Avenue and 57th Street
• Everett Avenue at the Museum of Science and Industry
• Harper Avenue and 59th Street
• Cottage Grove Avenue and 67th Street
• Stony Island Avenue and 64th Street
• Lake Shore Drive and Hayes Drive
• Stony Island Avenue and 67th Street
• Jeffery Boulevard and 67th Street
• South Shore Drive and 67th Street
• Stony Island Avenue and 71st Street
• Jeffery Boulevard and 71st Street
• South Shore Drive and 71st Street
• Cottage Grove Avenue and 71st Street
Feedback can be sent to Sean Wiedel at CDOT: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday.