Divvy Locations Announced for 33rd Ward
ALBANY PARK — The 33rd Ward is about to get its share of the Divvy program.
On Wednesday, Ald. Deb Mell announced the locations for nine Divvy stations in the ward, with installation "scheduled for later this year," according to a newsletter she sent to constituents.
The distinctive blue bikes, which can be rented via membership or a 24-hour pass, will be placed at:
- CTA Kimball Brown Line station
- CTA Kedzie Brown Line station
- CTA Francisco Brown Line station
- Kedzie and Montrose avenues
- California and Montrose avenues
- Sawyer Avenue and Irving Park Road
- California Avenue and Byron Street
- Troy and Elston avenues
- California Avenue and Fletcher Street
Divvy debuted in June 2013 with 70 stations and has since grown to 300 stations and 3,000 bikes, with a stated goal of 400 stations and 4,000 bikes.
A map of stations shows that Divvy availability ranges from Hyde Park on the south to West Ridge on the north, largely hugging the lakefront. Adding stations in the 33rd Ward is part of an expansion plan to extend Divvy's reach farther west into communities such as Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale and Humboldt Park, according to Streets Blog Chicago.