CHICAGO — An Avondale man was shot dead near his home and six other people were wounded in shootings since Friday night, police said.
The fatal shooting occurred in the 2800 block of North Talman Avenue about 9:20 p.m. Friday, said Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman.
The victim was standing outside when two men walked up to him and fired a bullet into his shoulder.
The man, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as Jeffrey Anderson of the same block, ran into a home and collapsed.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
In other shootings:
• In Belmont Cragin, a 28-year-old man was shot in the left side of his head and his upper body about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, Estrada said.
He was sitting in the driver's seat of an SUV double parked in the 4800 block of West Deming Place when a red SUV pulled up next to him. Someone in that car fired at him, and shot the victim in the left side of his head and his upper body.
The victim was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in critical condition.
• At the same time in Edgewater, two men were shot by a shooter who came up behind them while they were walking in the 5800 block of North Kenmore Avenue, Estrada said.
A 52-year-old man shot in his right leg was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston and is in "stable" condition. A 43-year-old man was shot in both legs and taken to Illinois Masonic, where he is "stable."
• A 44-year-old man was treated and released for a gunshot wound in his left hand at St. Mary's Hospital, Estrada said.
The man told police he was shot about 2:45 a.m. in the 1900 block of West Grand Avenue in West Town when he was outside and someone shot at him from a small car, though there was no additional description.
• In Little Village, police responded to shots fired in the 3300 block of West 30th Street about 12:10 a.m. and found a 28-year-old man shot in his head, Estrada said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he is in "stable" condition.
• In Chatham, a 19-year-old woman was shot in her left foot and grazed in her head while walking in the 8200 block of South Drexel Avenue about 7 p.m. Friday, Estrada said.
She was walking with a man when two men with handguns shot in their direction, police said. She was not a likely target, Estrada said.
The woman has since been treated and released from Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.