CHICAGO — Citywide shootings killed four men and injured at least 14 other people Saturday night through Sunday evening. A 7-year-old boy is among those wounded.
Fire officials said the boy was injured shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday. He was shot in the 4200 block of West Fifth Avenue in West Garfield Park and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious-to-critical condition. No further information was immediately available.
The most recent murder occurred about 3:45 a.m. Sunday when four people were shot — one fatally — in West Garfield Park, police said. Three women and one man had been standing on the sidewalk in the 100 block of South Springfield Avenue when they were approached by two other men.
An argument ensued and the two men began shooting at the group.
A 21-year-old woman was struck in her back and taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. A 23-year-old woman was hit in both her feet and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition. And a 20-year-old woman was grazed and refused medical treatment, police said.
Jeremy McGrone, 20, of the 1800 block of South Avenue, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:21 a.m, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.
In Roseland, 36-year-old Berling Robinson was shot in his chest, stomach and both legs about 2:10 a.m. Sunday, authorities said. Berling, who cops said has gang affiliations, was walking in the 200 block of West 94th Street when someone in a passing car opened fire.
Berling, who lives in the 9400 block of South Wentworth Avenue, was pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center at 5:36 a.m. Sunday.
In East Garfield Park, a 19-year-old man was fatally shot in his head while riding a bicycle in the 800 block of South Lawndale Avenue about 11:50 p.m. Saturday, said Officer John Mirabelli, a police spokesman.
The man — later identified as Antoine Green of the 3100 block of West Douglas Boulevard — was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital at 3:14 a.m. Sunday. Police said Green had gang affiliations and the shooting may have been gang- or drug-related.
About 11:25 p.m. Saturday in Austin, two teens were shot — one fatally — while walking down the first block of South Parkside Avenue, Mirabelli said. Two gunmen rode up to the teens on bicycles and began shooting.
An 18-year-old was shot multiple times in the left side of his body and taken to Stroger Hospital, while Daquan Boyd, 18, was fatally shot in his lower back. Boyd, who lived on the same street, was pronounced dead at Stroger.
In non-fatal shootings:
• A 40-year-old man was shot in his head in the 4300 block of West Flournoy Street at 1:56 p.m. Sunday, police said. He was taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• About 4:50 a.m. Sunday, a 26-year-old man walked into Norwegian American Hospital with a gunshot wound in his thigh. The man claims he was shot in the 1500 block of North Talman Avenue, but police said he was not cooperating.
• Just after 2 a.m. Sunday in West Humboldt Park, a man in his 40s was shot in his wrist and buttocks while in the 1100 block of North Kildare Avenue. He was treated at Stroger Hospital, Mirabelli said.
• About 12:45 a.m. Sunday in North Lawndale, three men in their 20s were shot while standing on a porch in the 1200 block of South Lawndale Avenue, Mirabelli said.
Witnesses told police a man in his 40s wearing a white jumpsuit walked up to the porch shortly before the shooting and asked who was responsible for an earlier beating. That man left through an alley but returned with multiple vehicles. Several men got out of the cars, and at least one man opened fire.
Among those injured was a man shot in his abdomen, a man shot in his back, and a man shot in his hand and left leg.
• In Roseland, two men on bicycles were shot in the 500 block of West 115th Street about 11:15 p.m. Saturday, Mirabelli said. The men, aged 18 and 30, were shot in their backs and sent to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition.
• A little after 11 p.m. Saturday, a 23-year-old man was shot in his chest during a drug deal in the 6000 block of North Sacramento Avenue in North Park, Mirabelli said. The man was taken to Saint Francis Hospital, and drugs were found at the scene.