Quantcast

Mina Bloom

Reporter/Producer @mina_bloom_ mbloom@dnainfo.com

Mina Bloom is a reporter/producer covering Logan Square and Humboldt Park for DNAinfo Chicago. She previously covered Uptown and Andersonville, Lincoln Park and Old Town.

Before joining the DNAinfo Chicago team in summer of 2014, Mina worked at Groupon in customer/merchant resolutions for two years. Prior to that, she was an editor for Forbes Travel Guide. Mina's work has also appeared in Time Out Chicago, The A.V. Club, 22nd Century Media and Gapers Block. She graduated from Columbia College Chicago where she was the arts & culture editor for The Columbia Chronicle and a staff writer for Echo Magazine.

Mina is from the northern suburb of Highland Park, home of the best hot dog joint in the Chicago area: Michael's.

Fun fact: Mina had a T-shirt made with a Hello Kitty face in the shape of the Wu-Tang Clan symbol, effectively combining two of her favorite things. 

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 21, 2017

The action was designed to keep momentum going for the legislation, which was introduced in May.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 21, 2017

It will be the second project of its kind behind the Town Hall Apartments in Lakeview.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 21, 2017

Navigator Taproom, 2211 N. Milwaukee Ave., offers rotating selection of about 40 beers, 10 wines.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 20, 2017

In the CBS2-obtained video, Maldonado is angered when police won't let him drive through a crime scene.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 20, 2017

The photos show old frame buildings near the intersection of Milwaukee and Diversey avenues in 1906.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 19, 2017

It comes about three weeks after chef/owner Matthias Merges closed the Hyde Park location.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 19, 2017

The coffee shop called Wicker Park home for seven years before moving west.

Logan Square & Humboldt Park »

July 19, 2017

The new field house will be about five times larger than the existing one, which was built in 1950.