CHICAGO — Police issued a citywide alert after skimming devices were found on 13 ATMs throughout the city.
Police said devices has been found over or inside card slots to steal information. Cameras have also been found that can record personal ID numbers as they are entered.
Skimmers have been found at the following locations:
• Associated Bank, 5200 block of North Central Avenue on Sept. 23
• Walgreens, 1500 block of West Fullerton Avenue on Sept. 26
• 7-Eleven, 10700 block of South Ewing Avenue on Sept. 27
• Walgreens, 1600 block of West Belmont Avenue on Oct. 2
• Fifth Third Bank, 600 block of West Diversey Parkway on Oct. 4
• Chase Bank, 5600 block of West Montrose Avenue on Oct. 6
• Walgreens, 400 block of North Michigan Avenue on Oct. 8
• Walgreens, 2300 block of West Irving Park Road on Oct. 8
• Fifth Third Bank, first block of West Division Street on Oct. 9
• Walgreens, 3100 block of West Irving Park Road on Oct. 11
• Walgreens, 200 block of West Madison Street on Oct. 12
• Walgreens, 100 block of North State Street on Oct. 12
• Walgreens, first block of West Monroe Street on Oct. 18
Police advice users to inspect the ATM for irregularities and loose parts before use. Plastic pieces with a pin hole are a signal there might be a camera.
Additionally, users should cover their hand while entering personal identification numbers.
Anyone with information should call police at 312-746-9661.