CHICAGO — Shootings across the city since Friday morning killed three people and wounded nine, police said.
Three men were killed Friday afternoon: an 18-year-old man in Chatham, a 22-year-old man in Albany Park and a 25-year-old man in Garfield Park.
• In Fuller Park at 1 a.m. Saturday, two men were shot outside a liquor store in the 200 block of West Root Street.
As they were going inside, someone got out of an approaching vehicle and argued with them. When they were leaving the store, that person shot them.
A 29-year-old man was shot multiple times in his body and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. A 23-year-old man was shot in his groin and taken to Stroger in serious condition.
• In Morgan Park at 11:53 p.m. Friday, a 31-year-old man was shot while getting out of his parked vehicle in the 11600 block of South Church Avenue.
He heard several shots before being shot in his chest and neck. A friend took him to Metro South Hospital before he was transferred to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition.
• In Englewood at 8:45 p.m., two 17-year-old boys were shot while in riding in a vehicle headed eastbound in the 200 block of West Garfield Boulevard.
One of the teens was shot in his right leg while the other was shot in his right knee. Both took themselves to St. Bernard Hospital, though the one shot in his leg was transferred to Stroger.
• In West Lawn at 7:33 p.m., an 18-year-old man shot himself while he was sitting in a parked vehicle in the 3900 block of West 69th Place.
He was handling a gun when it went off and and a bullet hit his right thigh. He was taken to Christ.
• In West Pullman at 5:55 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot while walking on the sidewalk in the 12300 block of South Wallace Street.
He was walking with with another male when two gunmen fired shots at them from an alley.
The victim was shot in his stomach and right leg. He took himself to Metro South Hospital after being taken to Christ.
• In Roseland at 9:25 p.m., a 24-year-old man was shot in a robbery in the 10000 block of South State Street. He was taken to Roseland Hospital.
• In Pullman at 11:30 a.m., a 17-year-old boy was shot in the 700 block of East 105th Street. He was shot in his left hip and taken to Christ.
No one is in custody in any incident.