DOWNTOWN — Grab your lederhosen (or don't): Oktoberfest is coming to the Riverwalk.
The party will last from 3-8 p.m. Oct. 13 between Franklin Street and Lake Shore Drive along the south bank of the Chicago River.
Oktoberfest activities include free fishing, "Friday Night Flights" of beer and a fireworks show finale on the LaSalle, Clark, Dearborn and State street bridges. Riverwalk restaurants including City Winery, Tiny Tapp and O'Brien's will offer specials.
Here's the full schedule:
3-5 p.m.: Chicago Fishes
The Metropolitan Planning Council, Environmental Law & Policy Center, Shedd Aquarium and other groups invite Chicagoans to grab a pole and fish the Chicago River between Lake and Franklin streets. Any fish caught must be released. Some fishing poles and bait will be provided. Those interested are asked to pre-register here.
5-8 p.m.: Friday Night Flights
Nearly two dozen local breweries including Begyle, Marz and Revolution will serve guests between Lake and Clark streets. Some breweries will even be stationed on a boat. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 on-site. Buy tickets here.
4-8 p.m.: Restaurant specials
• Island Party Hut will have live music, discounted Revolution Brewing Oktoberfest and a pumpkin patch.
• O'Brien's Riverwalk Café will have Revolution and Goose Island Oktoberfest on special and host Paul and the Bavarians, a band.
• Chicago's First Lady Cruises will host architectural tours at 5 and 5:30 p.m. Mention "Friday Night Flights" on board to get a Revolution draft beer for $6. Every discounted purchase will yield a raffle ticket for a Revolution goodie bag.
• Tiny Tapp will feature its fall menu including specialty beers and Tiny Cider with mulled cider and vodka.
• City Winery will turn back the clock with back-to-school hits going back decades.
• Urban Kayaks will offer 15 percent off tours when you use the booking code FRIDAYNIGHTFLIGHTS.
7:30 p.m.: Fireworks Finale
A "pyrotechnic waterfall" off some of the city's Downtown bridges will close out the festival.