BRIDGEPORT — Here are six things to do in the neighborhood this weekend.
• Chicago River Boat Building Open House: Tour the boat house that many have driven by countless times at 2059 S. Canal St. in Armour Square. The tour is intended for kids and their families who may be interested in a summer camp that involves building small boats, according to the Chicago Maritime Arts Center, which runs the camp. These year's camp is already filled up, but families can still check out the facility and other programs, like a boat-building after school program that will take place this fall. 10 a.m.-noon at 2059 S. Canal St.
• Bridgeport's Biggest Garage Sale: The 11th annual fundraiser will take place Saturday morning at St. Mary of Perpetual Help, 1039 W. 32nd Place. More than 25 vendors will be on hand, and the church will sell items like tools, toys, electronics, furniture, home decorations and many other items donated to the church. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. at 1039 W. 32nd Place.
• Chinatown Family Friendly Book Reading and Signing: Have your children learn all about Chicago's neighborhoods at the Chinatown Public Library. A South Loop-based author will read her book "Rickshaw Reggie: Chicago Neighborhoods." The book is an illustrated tour of Chicago's neighborhoods through the eye of charismatic tour guide Rickshaw Reggie. 1 p.m. at 2100 S. Wentworth Ave.
Visit the procession for St. Rocco Sunday in Chinatown [Courtesy St. Therese Chinese Catholic Church]
• Memorial for legendary hot dog vendor Johnny Veliotis: The longtime owner of Johnny O's will be memorialized at a ceremony Sunday at Donovan Park. The Veliotis family wanted to have a community service rather than a somber wake for the neighborhood "icon" and supporter of many community initiatives. 1-6 p.m. at 3620 S. Lituanica Ave.
• Feast and Procession For St. Rocco: The Procession and Feast of St. Rocco has been held since 1920 by the Society of San Rocco Di Simbario at St. Therese Chinese Catholic Church in Chinatown. This year's procession will begin after 10:30 a.m. Mass, or approximately 11:30 a.m. Sunday outside the church. 218 W. Alexander St. beginning around 11:30 a.m.
• Sunday City Market: Antique Taco's weekly market is a hybrid farmers market that incorporates local restaurants, vendors and organizations. Oh, and breakfast tacos. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at 1000 W. 35th St.