CHICAGO — T-shirts, free shots and beer koozies await those Northwest Siders with the stamina for five Norwood Park bars in five hours on Thursday, as the Norwood Park Bar Crawl prepares for its second annual run up Northwest Highway.
Organized by the Norwood Park Chamber of Commerce, the event will tack to the following schedule:
• At 5 p.m., the group will meet at Little Bar, 5823 N. Northwest Hwy.
• At 6 p.m., the group will meet at Trinity Pub, 5943 N. Northwest Hwy.
• At 7 p.m., the group will meet at Mo Dailey's Pub & Grille, 6070 N. Northwest Hwy.
• At 8 p.m., the group will meet at Iron Horse Ale House, 6158 N. Northwest Hwy.
• At 9 p.m., the group will meet at Revel Bar Chicago, 6169 N. Northwest Hwy.
Those who buy the bar crawl T-shirt online or in person will have access to "exclusive deals" at each bar, including food and drink specials, according to chamber director Alyssa Triptow.
Plus, a raffle will offer up prizes from Abell Animal Hospital, WineStyles Park Ridge, Pampered Paws Grooming, GiGi’s Dolls & Sherry’s Teddy Bears, Inc., Winchester Window Cleaners and Edward Fox Photography & Video, plus several of the participating bars.
Proceeds will benefit the chamber's scholarship fund.
The bar crawl was organized "to bring the community members out to one of the business districts of Norwood Park," Triptow said. "Last year’s bar crawl was a huge success, so we are really looking forward to this year."