CHICAGO — Police are warning residents of Bronzeville and South Loop after several recent car thefts.
In the incidents, the thieves found unlocked cars or broke windows to get into the cars and take them.
The thefts occurred:
• Between noon June 17 and 10 p.m. June 18 in the 3000 block of South Michigan Avenue
• 9:30 a.m. June 20 in the 2900 block of South Vernon Avenue
• 9:20 p.m. June 26 in the 2400 block of South State Street
• 1 p.m. June 25-27 in the 2800 block of South Prairie Avenue
• 1:46 p.m. July 4 in the 3000 block of South Lake Shore Drive
• 1 p.m. July 15 and 10 a.m. July 16 in the 2800 block of South Dr. King Drive
• 5 p.m. July 23 in the 2700 block of South Indiana Avenue
• 2 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 27 in the 2300 block of South Michigan Avenue
One of the thieves, a 14-year-old boy, has been arrested. The other got away.
Police suggest residents report any suspicious activity immediately, keep doors and windows secured and fix any broken windows, doors or locks.
Anyone with information about the thefts is asked to contact detectives at 312-747-8384.