CHICAGO — Five people died, including a 9-year-old boy, and 13 others were wounded in shootings citywide since Friday morning.
A 9-year-old boy was fatally shot Friday night riding in an SUV in the East Side neighborhood. A 31-year-old man in the SUV was also shot.
A 20-year-old man was found dead in a West Garfield Park street early Saturday morning.
A 26-year-old man was killed on a Brighton Park sidewalk Friday night.
A 17-year-old boy was killed walking through a vacant lot in West Garfield Park Friday evening.
One man died and two others were injured in a Friday evening shooting in Bronzeville.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 4 a.m. in Austin, two men were shot while they were in the 0-100 block of North Leclaire Avenue. A 27-year-old man was shot in his stomach and a 29-year-old man was shot critically in his head. Both were taken to Mount Sinai. It is unclear where the shots came from.
• At 3:45 a.m. in Humboldt Park, a 26-year-old man was shot multiple times in his right leg. The man was walking east in the 2800 block of West Division Street when someone shot at him from a vehicle.
The man took himself to St. Mary's Hospital in good condition.
• At 2:58 a.m. in Austin, a 26-year-old man was shot in his right arm while driving in the 5000 block of West Washington Boulevard. He took himself to West Suburban Hospital in good condition.
• At 2:15 a.m. in Austin, a 24-year-old man was shot in both legs while he was standing by his car in the 1800 block of North Leclaire Ave. He took himself to St. Mary's Hospital.
• At 12:09 a.m. in West Pullman, a 41-year-old man was shot multiple times in his body while standing in an alley in the 12800 block of South Peoria Street. He took himself to Roseland Community Hospital before being transported to Christ hospital in critical condition.
• At 11 p.m. Friday in Chicago Lawn, a 44-year-old man was shot while walking on the sidewalk in the 6900 block of South Campbell Avenue. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with wounds to his back and left arm.
• At 10:43 p.m. in East Side, two men where shot getting out of a vehicle in the 10600 block of South Green Bay Avenue. The shots were fired by someone in a white SUV.
A 54-year-old man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after being shot in his face. A 49-year-old was taken to Christ in serious condition after being shot in his back.
• At 3:15 p.m. in Washington Park, a 26-year-old man was walking in the 5700 block of South Calumet Avenue when he was shot in his right hand. He took himself to St. Bernard Hospital.
• At 3:10 p.m. also in Washington Park, a 27-year-old man was shot in his buttocks in an apparent drive-by in the 5100 block of South Calumet Avenue. The shots were fired by someone in a dark-colored vehicle while the victim was walking.
The victim was taken to Stroger.
No one is in custody in any of these shootings.