EDGEWATER — Dotted with lush gardens, historic buildings, new businesses and a front row seat to Lake Michigan, Edgewater is a sightseer's dream.
This summer's Go Edgewater biking and walking tours seek to put a spotlight on some of those assets, like the famous pink Edgewater Beach Apartments, the sites of Edgewater's early farm days, a Foster Beach full moon jam, blooming gardens, walls of public art and more.
The free tours began three years ago and are now a collaboration between several community groups, including the Edgewater Historical Society and Edgewater Environmental Sustainability Project.
Groups meet at 5:45 p.m. at the Thorndale "L" station and the tours start at 6 p.m.
Check out a list of upcoming tours below:
• Tuesday — Early Edgewater Development/History
• July 18 — Public Garden Tour
• July 25 — Lakefront Nature Ride
• Aug. 1 — Edgewater Little Libraries
• Aug. 8 — Edgewater Beach Hotel and Apartments
• Aug. 25 — Public Art in Edgewater
• Aug. 22 — West Ridge Nature Preserve
• Sept. 6 — Full Moon Fire Jam
• TBA — Theaters