CHICAGO — Two people are dead and 11 others are wounded in shootings citywide since Wednesday.
In one fatal shooting, an off-duty sheriff's deputy fatally shot an alleged robber at an Englewood hair salon.
In non-fatal shootings:
• In Brighton Park, a 24-year-old man was sitting in a car parked in an alley when someone inside a dark SUV shot at him. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition after being shot in his head and neck.
The incident occurred at 12:04 a.m. Thursday in the 4300 block of South Drake Avenue.
• In Chatham, two men were standing on a sidewalk in the 7900 block of South Lafayette Avenue when they were shot at 10:54 p.m. Wednesday.
A 30-year-old man was taken to Stroger Hospital with wounds to his left arm and side.
A 24-year-old man was taken to St. Bernard Hospital after being shot in his foot.
• In Back of the Yards, a 24-year-old man was shot while walking on the sidewalk in the 5000 block of South Bishop Street at 10:29 p.m.
Three gunmen got out of a dark minivan and fired shots. The man was taken to Stroger after being shot in his right leg, back and pelvic area.
• An 18-year-old man was shot in his head and body in Humboldt Park. The incident occurred in the 700 block of North Ridgeway Avenue at 8:45 p.m. when a person walked up to him and shot him.
The victim was taken to Stroger in critical condition.
• In Englewood, a 19-year-old man riding in a car was shot in his right hand. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
The incident occurred in the 6800 block of South May Street at 8:02 p.m.
• In the Linden Playlot Park near Pulaski and Division in Humboldt Park, a 26-year-old man man was shot in his buttocks. The shooting occurred at 4:29 p.m. He was taken to Norwegian American Hospital by a passerby before being transferred to Stroger.
The shooting may have been gang-related.
The girl was standing outside when someone in a gray or silver sedan fired shots, wounding her multiple times in her torso. She was taken to Stroger in serious condition.
• In Avalon Park, an 18-year-old man was shot in both legs while in the 8000 block of South Avalon Avenue at 12:20 p.m. He was taken to Jackson Park Hospital in good condition.
• In North Lawndale, two 16-year-old boys were shot while in the 3800 block of West Roosevelt Road at 11:15 a.m. A boy was shot in his left shoulder and taken to Mount Sinai in good condition. The other boy was shot in his back and taken to Mount Sinai in serious condition.
No one was in custody unless otherwise noted.