CHICAGO — Shootings have killed five people and wounded four since Wednesday, police said.
• At 5:41 a.m. Thursday, a 24-year-old man was found shot to death in Avondale.
• At 8:43 p.m. Wednesday, a man in his 20s was shot and killed in Marquette Park.
• At 2:58 p.m., three people were shot to death in Brighton Park. Two others were wounded.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 11:18 p.m. Wednesday, a 40-year-old man was shot in Englewood, police said. The man was walking on the sidewalk in the 7100 block of South State Street when he heard shots and felt pain.
The man was hit in his abdomen and took himself to St. Bernard Hospital before being transferred to Stroger Hospital. The man's condition was not available but he was listed as "stable," police said.
• At 1:48 p.m., a 27-year-old man was shot in South Shore, police said. The man was walking in the 7000 block of South Jeffery Boulevard when multiple people walked up to him and fired shots.
The man was hit multiple times throughout his body and was taken to Northwestern Hospital in serious condition, police said.
No one was in custody in these shootings.