LINCOLN SQUARE — If planning ahead isn't your thing, there are still plenty of options for celebrating New Year's Eve that don't involve a TV remote and Ryan Seacrest.
Check out these no-fuss, hassle-free celebrations:
• New Beers Eve at Fountainhead, 1970 W. Montrose Ave.: Come as you are, no tickets, no cover charge; food and drinks will be sold. Limited-release and rare beers will be tapped. Free champagne toast at midnight.
• Brew Year's Eve at Black Rock Pub and Kitchen, 3614 N. Damen Ave.: A $60 ticket (limited availability) will get you access to an open bar, appetizer buffet and music. Doors open at 8 p.m.
• Reservations are still available at Bread & Wine, 3732 W. Irving Park Road: Special menu items include Long Island oysters, monkfish and beef shoulder steak. Regular menu also available.
• Nab a table at Kick, 1943 W. Byron St.: In addition to the regular menu, specials include grilled swordfish with fried plantains and a "midnight kiss" cocktail featuring pear vodka and sparkling wine.
• Tortuga's Cantina, 3224 W. Lawrence Ave.: For $25 (tax and tip not included), guests will enjoy an unlimited buffet, music, dancing and a champagne toast at midnight. Additional drinks will be sold. Call 773-627-3643 for reservations. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
• "Celebrate simply" at Templestowe Pub, 3135 W. Montrose Ave.: No tickets, no cover charge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: