CHICAGO — A group of men has staged eight armed robberies in a span of 12 hours on the North Side starting Tuesday night, according to police.
Beginning Tuesday night at about 8 p.m., the same group of robbers hit eight blocks in five different neighborhoods, mostly on the Far North Side, police said in a community alert issued Thursday.
In the robberies, a group of men would target people in the streets or sidewalks and would show a handgun before demanding a victim's property, police said.
The incidents occurred on the following blocks, police said:
• Tuesday night in the 3900 block of North Spaulding Avenue in Irving Park.
• Tuesday night in the 5300 block of North Kedzie Avenue in North Park.
• Tuesday night in the 5100 block of North Avers Avenue in Albany Park.
• Early Wednesday in the 6800 block of North Seeley Avenue in West Ridge.
• Early Wednesday in the 4800 block of North Seeley Avenue in Lincoln Square.
• Early Wednesday in the 5400 block of North Kedzie Avenue in North Park.
• Early Wednesday in the 3800 block of West Belle Plaine Avenue in Irving Park.
• Early Wednesday in the 3600 block of West Berteau Avenue in Irving Park.
Police said the incidents all took place between 8 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday, but did not have times for the individual incidents.
Anyone with information on the incidents is asked to call area detectives at 312-744-8263.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: