The inaugural "Tap Into BAPA" fundraiser will include nine stops at bars, restaurants and other hot spots on Western Avenue. Proceeds will support the association's continued advocacy for the neighborhoods of Beverly and Morgan Park.
"Our community has a long tradition of coming together to support one another while having fun in the process," said Mary Jo Viero, chairwoman of the "Tap Into BAPA" planning committee and a member of the group's board of directors.
“We see this every weekend in our neighborhood through various benefits at local bars, restaurants and parks,” she said.
A $30 donation is asked of all pub crawl attendees. Tickets can be bought online or at the door. Those participating in the event will receive a souvenir mug. Some stops along the pub crawl will also offer free food. Others will have live music and other activities.
Each of the participating bars will offer one hour of drink specials. Anyone can join the crawl at any time. The schedule is as follows:
• 2-3 p.m. at the Beverly Arts Center, 2407 W. 111th St. in Morgan Park. The community art center will feature light snacks and music by students in its School of the Arts.
• 4-5 p.m. at O’Rourke’s Office, 11064 S. Western Ave. in Morgan Park. The tavern will feature live blues by Gloria Shannon and pizza from Waldo Cooney’s.
• 5-6 p.m. at O’Brien’s, 10934 S. Western Ave. in Morgan Park. The bar will offer prizes for winners of its Beverly Hills/Morgan Park Trivia Contest.
• 6-7 p.m. at Dinger’s, 10638 S. Western Ave. in Beverly. Guest bartenders from the Chicago Police Department and Chicago Fire Department will be competing for tips. Pub crawlers will be able to vote with donations to the boot or the badge.
• 8-9 p.m. at Horse Thief Hollow, 10426 S. Western Ave. in Beverly. The brewpub will have live music by Coyote Riot and pulled pork sliders.
• 9-10 p.m. at Sean’s Rhino Bar, 10330 S. Western Ave. in Beverly will offer $10 beer buckets.
• 10-11 p.m. at Cork and Kerry, 10614 S. Western Ave. in Beverly will be the final stop. Raffle prizes will be awarded and food will also be available.
Raffle tickets will be available at all the stops. The grand prize for the raffle is a personalized South Side Irish Parade banner, which was donated by the parade committee. Other prizes include bar signs, barware from breweries and distilleries and neighborhood memorabilia.
For more information about the pub crawl, contact Margot Burke Holland, executive director of the association at 773-233-3100 Ext. 206. or via email at email@example.com.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: