LINCOLN SQUARE — If you've always wanted to try your hand at growing your own food, here's your chance.
Registration is now open online to new gardeners at six community gardens operated by the Peterson Garden Project.
The sign-up period for one of the four-foot by eight-foot plots runs through Feb. 27. Cost is $75.
Space is available at:
- Global Garden, Lawrence and Sacramento avenues
- Hello Howard, Howard and Ashland avenues
- Land on Lincoln, Lincoln and Sacramento avenues
- NEIU Ground, on the campus of Northeastern Illinois University
- Swedish Covenant Hospital Garden, California and Carmen avenues
- Vedgewater, Broadway and Rosement avenues
Peterson Garden Project gardens are organic, with an emphasis on edible plants — vegetables, fruits and herbs — not landscape gardening.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: