LINCOLN SQUARE — We've got the scoop on Day of the Dead celebrations, where to get poutine for cheap and more.
• After scaling back hours to cope with a larger-than-expected grand opening rush of customers, Baker Miller, 4610 N. Western Ave., has announced it will now be open weeknights. New hours are: Monday-Tuesday, closed; 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday though Friday; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday through Sunday. The brunch menu will be available until 3 p.m., soup and bread will be added to the evening menu and pastries will be sold all day.
• Savory Spice Shop, 4753 N. Lincoln Ave., now has its own cookbook, "Spice to Plate," on sale in the store beginning Saturday. The cookbook contains 30 recipes, both sweet and savory, inspired by 10 of the shop's signature spice blends. Each cookbook purchase includes a free jar of one of the featured blends.
• Artango Bistro, 4217 N. Ravenswood Ave., is hosting a uniquely themed Hallows Eve BYOB dinner, 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, inspired by the Spanish television series "Gran Hotel." Servers will be dressed in 1900s period costumes, and guests are encouraged to do the same. For $55 per person, diners will enjoy a five-course prix fixe menu, performances by tango dancers and open tango dancing after 10 p.m. Reservations are required (click here).
• How do you say "happy hour" in French? 'Appy hour. Bistro Campagne, 4518 N. Lincoln Ave., has introduced 'Appy Hour, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, featuring a menu of small plates, all priced at less than $10. The bistro's poutine is found on this menu only.
• Fountainhead, 1970 W. Montrose Ave., celebrates Day of the Dead, from noon to closing time on Sunday. The free event includes face painting, Day of the Dead beers and Dia de los Muertos-inspired food. Staff has created a traditional Day of the Dead altar where guests are invited to place photos and mementos of loved ones.
• Ale Syndicate Brewers is celebrating the return of its flagship imperial porter, Richie, at a special firkin tapping, 5 p.m. Wednesday at Mrs. Murphy & Sons Irish Bistro, 3905 N. Lincoln Ave.
• Fall hours are now in effect on the rooftop at Gene's Sausage Shop, 4750 N. Lincoln Ave.: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Food service stops one hour prior to close.
• Tickets are going fast for the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Fall Wine Stroll, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Nov. 6. Choose from one of five routes for $40, or gain access to all routes for $60 dollars. Purchase tickets here.
• Save the date for the Northcenter Neighborhood Association's annual pub crawl at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 14. Scheduled stops along the route include Begyle Brewing, Rocks Northcenter and Tavern on Little Fort. Cost is free for NNA members, $15 for non-members. Register here.