UPTOWN — Money that diners spend Tuesday at Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, Sonic Drive-In and other participating businesses will benefit homeless families in Uptown as part of the "An Extra Helping for the Homeless" fundraiser.
Uptown-based social service agency Cornerstone Community Outreach is organizing the "dine-out fundraiser," according to the agency's website.
Participating restaurants are donating between 5 percent and 25 percent of their sales Tuesday to Cornerstone "to help raise money for families who are homeless," according to the Cornerstone website.
Cornerstone helps homeless individuals and families with housing, health services, case management and more. The organization said more than 400 men, women and children occupy its multiple shelters on any given day.
Here's a list of participating restaurants and bars:
- Sonic Drive-In, 1022 W. Wilson Ave.
- Giordano's locations in Rogers Park, Lincoln Square, Lakeview, Logan Square and Greektown.
- Lou Malnati's locations in River North, Gold Coast and West Loop.
- Demera Ethiopian Restaurant, 4801 N. Broadway.
- Temple Bar Chicago, 3001 N. Ashland Ave.
- Cody's Public House, 1658 W. Barry Ave.
For more information about "An Extra Helping for the Homeless," click here.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: