CHICAGO — One person was killed and at least 12 others wounded in citywide shootings Saturday night and Sunday.
From Friday to Saturday, three people were killed and six injured — bringing the weekend total to four dead, 18 wounded by gunfire.
The most recent homicide happened about 3:40 p.m. Sunday in West Pullman, when 15-year-old Vaughn Holeman was killed near his home.
In other shootings:
• Two people were shot in North Lawndale about 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The victims were standing on a corner in the 1400 block of South Keeler Avenue when an SUV pulled up, police said. Someone hopped out and opened fire.
A 28-year-old man was shot in face and shoulder and taken in serious condition to Stroger Hospital. A 16-year-old boy was shot in his buttocks and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
• In South Shore, a 21-year-old man was shot in his arm in the 6700 block of South Dorchester Avenue about 6:15 p.m. Sunday, police said. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where his condition was unknown.
• About 3:15 p.m. Sunday, a teenage girl was shot in her foot in New City, police said. The girl was standing outside a store in 4800 block of South Loomis Boulevard, listening to music, when she realized she'd been hit. The girl, whose age was unavailable, took herself to Mercy Hospital, where she was listed in good condition.
• About 1:15 p.m. Sunday, a man in his 20s was shot in both legs in the 4200 block of West Augusta Boulevard in West Humboldt Park, police said. The man was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• A 34-year-old woman is in critical condition after she was shot in her lower left side about 4:30 a.m. Sunday, police said, citing preliminary information. The woman was leaving a business in the 200 block of West Garfield Boulevard when she was approached by a gunman.
• In Lakeview, a 26-year-old man was shot in his eye while waiting in line outside a bar in the 3600 block of North Ashland Avenue, police said. The shooting happened about 3:30 a.m. Sunday when someone across the street opened fire.
• Just after 2 a.m. Sunday, a 27-year-old woman was shot in her shoulder in West Pullman, police said. The woman was standing in a parking lot near West 120th and South Halsted streets when someone opened fire. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where her condition had stabilized.
• A 21-year-old man is in critical condition after he was shot in his groin in Ashburn early Sunday, police said. The man, whom cops called a documented gang member, was shot in the 1700 block of West 85th Place about 1:40 a.m. Sunday and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• About 11:45 p.m. Saturday, a 15-year-old boy was shot in his left armpit in South Shore, police said. The teen was struck in the 7500 block of South Dante Avenue and taken to Stroger Hospital in fair condition.
• Two people were shot in their legs in Austin about 11 p.m. Saturday, police said. The victims were waiting at a bus stop in the 500 block of South Cicero Avenue when a gunman walked up and began shooting.
A 32-year-old man was taken to Stroger Hospital, while a 22-year-old woman was treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Both victims were shot in their legs and listed in good condition early Sunday. Officers said the incident may have been gang-related.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.
Also overnight, police shot and killed a man in Austin early Sunday. Officers said the man had a gun and pointed it toward police.