CHICAGO — Eight people were shot, one fatally, in the city since Friday night, police said.
The fatal shooting occurred about 4:10 a.m. Saturday in Bronzeville, said Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman.
A 23-year-old man walking on a sidewalk in the 4500 block of South Indiana Avenue was shot multiple times by two people in a dark-colored sedan.
The man was identified as Craig Williams of the 4500 block of South Indiana Avenue.
Police said Williams ran into a vacant lot and collapsed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Nonfatal shootings included an armed robbery near the Archbishop's Residence in the Gold Coast.
Among the incidents:
• Around 6:45 p.m. Saturday, two males were shot while walking in the 10400 block of South Wallace Avenue in Fernwood. A 17-year-old man was shot in the left ankle and an 18-year-old man was grazed in the calf. Both men were in stable condition at Roseland Hospital, said Janel Sedevic, a police spokeswoman.
• A 43-year-old man was shot in the 5700 block of South Laflin Street in West Englewood around 4:30 a.m., Estrada said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital where his wound to his buttocks is "stable."
• A 25-year-old man was wounded while walking on a Brighton Park sidewalk about 2:50 a.m., Estrada said. Shot in his right shoulder while in the 4300 block of South Western Avenue, the man is "stable" condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• A 20-year-old man was shot while he was urinating in a gangway in the 6400 block of South Homan Avenue in Chicago Lawn, Estrada said. The incident occurred about 3:15 a.m. after the man got out of a car to relieve himself. Shot in his stomach, the victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
• A 23-year-old woman was wounded in Little Village about 1 a.m., Estrada said. She told police she was driving in a car in the 2800 block of West 31st Street when another car pulled to her side. Someone in that car rolled down the window and fired shots at her. She drove herself to St. Anthony Hospital after being shot in her left arm.
• A 70-year-old man was shot during an armed robbery near Cardinal Francis George's home in the Gold Coast neighborhood Friday night, Estrada said. The incident, in which the robber got away with the victim's cellphone, occurred in the 1500 block of North Astor Street. The victim, who was shot in his foot, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for his nonlife-threatening injury.
CONTRIBUTING: Kyla Gardner and Josh McGhee