CHICAGO — An alert was issued to Hyde Park residents after a series of burglaries this month in the neighborhood, police said.
In each incident, a man was believed to have entered a building through a rear or side window, or a back door before making off with items including money, laptops, televisions, jewelry, tablets and small electronic devices.
The incidents, all during this month, occurred in the following blocks:
• 5200 block of South Drexel Boulevard.
• 5200 block of South Greenwood Avenue.
• 1000 block of East 53rd Street.
• 5100 block of South University Avenue.
• 5100 block of South Ellis Avenue
• 5400 block of South University Avenue.
• 800 block of East 52nd Street.
The suspect is described as be a black man about 6 feet tall, 150 pounds and with braided hair. He is believed to have committed the burglaries wearing a white T-shirt.
Residents were told to keep doors and windows secured by police.
Anyone with information should call police at 312-747-8384.