The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

One Killed, At Least Seven Wounded in Labor Day Shootings

By  Kyla Gardner and Quinn Ford | September 2, 2013 1:03pm | Updated on September 2, 2013 8:41pm

 A man was shot and killed just after 2 p.m. Monday in the 6600 block of South Rhodes Avenue.
Woodlawn Murder
View Full Caption

CHICAGO — One man was killed and at least seven others, including three teenagers, were wounded in Labor Day shootings, authorities said.

A 21-year-old man was killed when he was shot in his head and body just after 2 p.m. in the 6600 block of South Rhodes Avenue in Woodlawn. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:27 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiners' office.

Officials there identified the man as Jerome Wood, of the 5200 block of South Wood Street.

In non-fatal shootings:

• In Morgan Park, a 36-year-old man was shot in the abdomen about 6:30 p.m. in the 11700 block of South Marshfield Avenue. The man was rushed to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious-to-critical condition, according to police and fire officials.

• About 5:38 p.m, a teenager was shot in the 6600 block of South California Avenue in Chicago Lawn. He was hit in his lower leg and taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.

• In Humboldt Park, a 22-year-old man was shot in his wrist about 5:09 p.m. in the 3700 block of West August Boulevard, police said. He walked to Norwegian American Hospital.

• A man of an unknown age was shot twice in his stomach in Woodlawn. The man was hit about 2:36 p.m in the 6400 block of South King Drive. He was listed in critical condition at Stroger Hospital, police said.

• Earlier, a teen was shot in his leg Monday morning near Hughes Elementary School in North Lawndale, police said.

The shooting occurred in the 1500 block of South Tripp Avenue about 10 a.m., around the corner from the school at 4247 W. 15th St. and just south of the Safe Passage route serving the school, police said.

School was not in session because of Labor Day.

The 19-year-old victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and was in "stable" condition.