CHICAGO — At least seven people — including a 16-year-old boy who tried to evade bike robbers — were wounded in shootings Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, police said.
• The most recent incident occurred about 4:48 a.m. Wednesday in Washington Park, said Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman. A 25-year-old man walked into Roseland Community Hospital saying he had been shot in his foot in the 300 block of East Garfield Boulevard. The man was listed in "good condition" Wednesday.
• About 1 a.m. Wednesday, a 35-year-old man was shot several times in West Garfield Park, Estrada said. The victim had been standing with another man in the 100 block of South Kostner Avenue, when a gunman walked up and shot him.
The victim was treated at Mount Sinai Hospital for gunshot wounds in his back, right arm and left leg, Estrada said.
• In Englewood, a 28-year-old man was shot in his left foot during a drive-by attack Tuesday night, Estrada said. The man had been walking along the 5800 block of South Morgan Street about 10:05 p.m. when someone inside a black sedan fired several shots.
The victim was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital in good condition.
• A couple minutes earlier, a 36-year-old man was shot in his right arm in South Chicago, Estrada said. The victim was walking down the 8700 block of South Escanaba Avenue when a gunman approached and opened fire. The man was treated at Advocate Trinity Hospital.
• A 20-year-old man was shot multiple times in Rogers Park about 8:05 p.m. Tuesday, Estrada said. The man, who cops said has gang affiliations, was walking in the 7200 block of North Sheridan Road when two people shot at him.
He was struck once in his right shoulder, once in his left thigh and twice in his right thigh, Estrada said. The man was listed in "stable condition" at Saint Francis Hospital early Wednesday.
• A teenage boy was shot in West Englewood Tuesday when several men stole his bicycle, Estrada said. The 16-year-old had been riding along the 1800 block of West 71st Street about 7:53 p.m. when the group approached and demanded his bike.
The teen tried to ride away, but one of the robbers pulled a gun and shot him in his right thigh. The group stole the bike and fled, while the teen was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in "stable condition."
• In Douglas, a 28-year-old man was shot in his leg in the 3600 block of South Vincennes Avenue about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Estrada said. The man, who cops claim has gang affiliations, was treated at Mercy Hospital.