CHICAGO — Police issued a community alert warning residents on the South Side of a slew of recent thefts from cars in Kenwood, Hyde Park, Bronzeville and Grand Boulevard.
In the incidents, which have occurred this month, the windows of the cars were broken and items that were left in plain sight — including laptops, cell phones, purses and backpacks — were taken, according to cops.
Locations of the thefts, according to police:
- 4100 block of South Ellis Avenue
- 700 block of East 41st Street
- 4500 block of South Drexel Boulevard
- 4500 block of South Evans Avenue
- 4600 block of South Drexel Avenue
- 1300 block of East 47th Street
- 4700 block of South Forrestville Avenue
Police asked anyone with information about the incidents to call 312-747-8384.