LINCOLN SQUARE — A slew of festivals, fairs and events spreading holiday cheer throughout Lincoln Square kick into high gear this weekend.
On Friday, Lillstreet Art Center hosts its 37th Annual Holiday Party with the added bonus of an inaugural student and faculty art fair. Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts while enjoying cocktails, appetizers and music at 4401 N. Ravenswood Ave. for four hours beginning at 6 p.m.
The CTA Holiday Train continues to roll through Brown Line stations Friday and Saturday, with Santa making a whistle stop at Kimball for photos with the kids on Saturday. St. Nick will also make an appearance Saturday at North Center's Jingle Bell Breakfast, which features crafts, entertainment and a breakfast buffet for $12 from 9 a.m. to noon at Martyr's on 3855 N. Lincoln Ave.
The annual holiday tree-lighting ceremony in Lincoln Square's Giddings Plaza is set for 4:30 p.m. Saturday, with caroling along Lincoln Avenue to follow. Donations are being collected for Common Pantry as part of this event.
Local shopping opportunities abound:
- Waters Elementary holds its Fourth Annual Artisan Fair Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., 4540 N. Campbell Ave.
- Check out the Lincoln Square Theatre prop and costume sale, in conjunction with the fair trade Seeds of Change Marketplace, Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Berry United Methodist, 4754 N. Leavitt St.
- Chicago Printmakers Collaborative, 4642 N. Western Ave., hosts its 23rd Annual Small Print Show and Holiday Sale, Dec. 1-2, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. both days.
- Angel Food Bakery's Holiday Craft "Bizarre" will offer jewelry, ceramics, soaps and other items hand-crafted by the shop's employees, Sunday, 3-7 p.m., 1636 W. Montrose Ave.
- The Senior Kultura ArtsFest promotes the talents of senior artists, artistans and crafters. Shop for jewelry, textiles and artwork while enjoying the fest's international cafe, Sunday, 1-5 p.m., North Center Satellite Senior Center, 4040 N. Oakley Ave.; no children under 12 admitted.
Santa returns on Sunday, where he puts in an appearance at Lollipop Seeds children's clothing boutique for a free photo opportunity from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. at 4726 N. Lincoln Ave.
The Roscoe Village Winterfest runs Saturday and Sunday, kicking off with a tree-lighting and caroling at 5 p.m. on Saturday. Horse-drawn sleigh rides and a visit from, who else, Santa, are featured highlights on Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
Motorcyclists will come vrooming up Western Avenue during Sunday's 35th Annual Toys for Tots Parade. The parade kicks off at 9:30 a.m. at 83rd Street and Western Avenue, working its way north to the Lane Tech campus, 2501 W. Addison St., around 2:30 p.m. Adjust your travel plans accordingly.