Cops: Armed Robber Hit 11 Businesses Since Mid-January
CHICAGO — An armed robber has hit 11 businesses on the North and West Sides since mid-January, police said.
Cops issued an alert Tuesday warning businesses of a man who demands money from cashiers at gunpoint.
Sometimes the man brings items to the counter to buy before robbing the business, police said.
The man is described as Hispanic and wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and sometimes a black knit cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call 312-744-8263.
The incidents occurred:
- 11:30 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 3600 block of North Western Avenue.
- 10:45 a.m. Jan. 27 in the 1500 block of West Fullerton Avenue.
- 11:58 p.m. Jan. 29 in the 1700 block of North Clybourn Avenue.
- 1:25 a.m. Jan. 21 in the 2800 block of North Ashland Avenue.
- 1:38 a.m. Jan. 31 in the 1700 block of North Sheffield Avenue.
- 2 a.m. Jan. 31 in the 100 block of West Division Street.
- 2:15 a.m. Feb. 3 in the 2900 block of North Broadway.
- 2 a.m. Feb. 6 in the 2200 block of North Lincoln Avenue.
- 3:15 a.m. Feb. 6 in the 300 block of West Chicago Avenue.
- 7:55 p.m. Feb. 9 in the 800 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
- 1:40 p.m. Feb. 10 in the 1300 block of South Halsted Street.