BRIDGEPORT — A neighborhood eatery will be closed for a few days after a fire broke out inside the restaurant.
Mike Jasick, manager of Dox Grill at 600 W. Pershing Road, said the fire started around 7 p.m. Monday. He blamed a faulty heater located in the ceiling.
“We’ll be closed maybe three or four days,” Jasick said.
The restaurant, a greasy spoon typically open 24 hours a day, was about to close for the New Year's Eve holiday. The place had been empty except for one employee, Jasick said.
"It happened at the right time. Otherwise the whole thing might've burned down."
No injuries were reported.