CHICAGO — A group of people has been carjacking people in Park Manor and South Shore.
During five recent incidents, the robbers walked up to victims and said they were robbing the victims, according to a Chicago Police community alert. They carried a weapon or implied they had one.
The carjackings occurred:
• 4:38 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 6900 block of South Vernon Avenue
• 4:17 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 6700 block of South Ridgeland Avenue
• 4:45 p.m. Oct. 25 in the 6900 block of South King Drive
• 2:15 p.m. Saturday in the 7200 block of South King Drive
• 11:59 p.m. Tuesday in the 6700 block of South Clyde Avenue
The thieves were described as three black men and one black woman who had dreadlocks. They were 19 to 30 years old, police said, and were 5-foot-7 to 6 feet tall and 130-150 pounds. They drove a white SUV.
Anyone with information about the incidents was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.