CHICAGO — Police are warning residents about a string of armed robberies in the Roseland area in the past three weeks, police said.
Two or three men ages 18-22 walk up to victims and ask for change or a cigarette before one pulls out a handgun and robs them, according to police.
The robberies occurred at:
• 9 p.m. Oct. 5 at 10300 S. State St.
• 4:30 p.m. Oct. 11 at 10300 S. Michigan Ave.
• 5:45 a.m. Oct. 16 at 56 W. 103rd Pl.
• 2:45 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of West 103rd Street
• 4 p.m. Monday in the 10400 block of South Wentworth Avenue
• 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at 149 W. 103rd St.
• 9:40 p.m. Tuesday at 2 W. 103rd St.
Police want to remind people to keep tracking software and security locks on their cellphones and to document serial numbers for their electronics.
Anyone with information about the incidents was asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.