MORGAN PARK — Chicago Police have issued a community alert after a string of garage burglaries in Morgan Park.
The burglars get into the garages by breaking a window or prying open garage doors between midnight-10:30 a.m., according to police in the Morgan Park District.
Once inside, the burglars take tools and lawn equipment, police said. The incidents have occurred:
• Oct. 5 in the 11100 block of South Artesian Avenue
• Oct. 9 in the 2500 block of West 117th Street
• Oct 12 in the 11100 block of South Longwood Drive
• Saturday in the 2400 block of West 113th Street
• Tuesday in the 11100 block of South Bell Avenue
• Tuesday in the 10600 Block of South Leavitt Street
• Wednesday in the 2500 block of West 109th Street
Police recommend homeowners be sure to check that all garage doors are locked along with any vehicles parked inside. They also recommend installing motion-activated lights around both homes and garages.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact detectives at 312-747-8273.