DOWNTOWN — Chicago’s Fashion Week kicked off this weekend with shows across the city through next Sunday, Oct. 29.
The events span from the Loop, Greektown and West Town to River North, Lakeview and Uptown.
A portion of all ticket sales will be donated to the American Cancer Society of Illinois.
Uptown’s FashionBar is participating in Fashion Week for the third time this fall, according to Tony Long, FashionBar CEO.
“Our goal is to take Chicago's Fashion Week national if not global,” said Long. “We can drive buyers and media to Chicago, with hopes of creating an economic ecosystem for fashion design, marketing and merchandising.”
A complete list of shows can be found below. Tickets can be purchased for the various shows on FashionBar’s website.
- Saturday: The Modern Minimalist, Arkadia Tower
- Sunday: Evening Wear SS 2018, Fletcher-Jones Mercedes Benz Dealership on North Avenue
- Sunday: Glitter Ball, Godfrey Hotel
- Tuesday: Anastasia’s Fashion Week Mixer, Anastasia Chatzka’s Sewing Studio
- Friday: Beautiful Business, John Marshall Law School
- Friday: Rock the Runway “A Steampunk Presentation,” The Wit Chicago
- Oct. 29: Carnival - Tricki Niki Launch, FashionBar
- Oct. 29: Finale Fashion Show & Avant Garde Competition, Fletcher-Jones Audi Dealership on North Avenue