SOUTH SHORE — Police are reporting a rash of South Shore burglaries in September that they believe were committed by a group of teen boys.
Police said there were nine reported burglaries in a month and people who saw the burglars described teens boys ages 15-18 wearing hooded sweatshirts and backpacks.
Police gave no other description of the suspects, but said they got in through doors or windows.
The burglaries occurred at:
• 4:45 a.m. Sept. 4 in the 7500 block of South Colfax Avenue
• 10 a.m. Sept. 5 in the 7500 block of South Kingston Avenue
• 11 a.m. Sept. 11 in the 7800 block of South Essex Avenue
• 8:20 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 2400 block of East 79th Street
• 7 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 7700 block of South Phillips Avenue
• 7:45 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 7800 block of South Saginaw Avenue
• 3 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 7800 block of South Essex Avenue
• 3:30 p.m. Sept. 29 in the 7800 block of South Essex Avenue
• 1 p.m. Oct. 5 in the 2500 block of East 78th Street
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Area South Bureau of Detectives at 312-747-8273.