BEVERLY — Thieves are targeting unlocked vehicles in Beverly, according to the Chicago Police Department.
The thieves walk down the street and pull on car door handles, looking for vehicles that are unlocked. Upon finding such a vehicle, they steal items from inside, police said in a community alert issued late Thursday.
Police in the Morgan Park District said the incidents all occurred from midnight to 7 a.m., specifically on:
• Tuesday in the 9300 block of South Bell Avenue
• Tuesday in the 9700 block of South Oakley Avenue
• Tuesday in the 9600 block of South Seeley Avenue
• Tuesday in the 9600 block of South Longwood Drive
• Wednesday in the 9600 block of South Winchester Avenue
Police recommend locking vehicles at all times and advise against keeping anything of value inside, particularly if items can be viewed from the street. Such items include portable GPS units, cellphone chargers, purses, briefcases and loose change.
Anyone with additional information about the thefts is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.
Community Alert--Theft from vehicles Bt 2223— ChicagoCAPS22 (@ChicagoCAPS22) October 5, 2017
Remember to lock your vehicle doors and do not leave anything of value in plain view pic.twitter.com/8D1NBgFJSq