CHICAGO — Five people are dead and 13 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago since Friday morning.
That includes the four dead after a rifle attack in Brighton Park. Among the dead is someone who police believe was pregnant.
In nonfatal incidents:
• In West Pullman around 4:59 a.m. Saturday, a 28-year-old man was shot while walking in the 11500 block of South Perry Avenue. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition after being wounded in his shoulder.
• In Heart of Chicago around 2:53 a.m., a 19-year-old man was shot in his back while walking in the 2200 block of West 19th Street. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
• In Garfield Park around 2:26 a.m., a 27-year-old man was shot in his chest while in the 500 block of North Kedzie Avenue.
Officers witnessed a fight between two groups and saw a person shot the man. Police chased the shooter on foot, arrested the shooter and recovered the gun.
The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
• In Heart of Chicago around 12:50 a.m., two men were shot caught in crossfire.
• In Auburn Gresham around 11:45 p.m. Friday, a 28-year-old man was shot while walking in the 8800 block of South Throop Street. He was taken to Metro South Hospital with a gunshot wound in his lower right leg.
• In North Lawndale around 11:39 p.m., a 33-year-old man was shot when a bullet entered his home in the 2900 block of West Roosevelt Road. He was sitting when a bullet went through a wall and struck him in his chest. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
• In Garfield Park around 4:53 p.m., a 24-year-old man was shot while outside a home in the 4400 block of West Washington Boulevard.
Someone walked up to him and shot him in his abdomen. He went into the home and was then taken by a family member to Stroger.
• In Garfield Park around 3:39 p.m., two men were shot while in a car in the 400 block of North Harding Avenue.
Another vehicle approached and someone inside shot at them. A 23-year-old man was shot in the back of his shoulder while a 21-year-old man was shot in his back. Both were taken to Stroger.
• In Austin around 1:50 p.m., a 19-year-old man was shot while in the 4900 block of West Kinzie Street. He was taken to Stroger after being shot in both legs and his abdomen.
• In North Lawndale around 9:28 a.m., a 14-year-old boy was shot while walking in an alley in the 1200 block of South Millard Avenue.
A shooter approached him on foot and shot him in his left leg.
The boy was taken to Stroger in good condition.
Aside from the shooting in the 2900 block of West Roosevelt Road, no one is in custody in any of the incidents.