CHICAGO — Robbers have hit the Chatham area seven times since the start of August, police said.
During the incidents, a robber or robbers used a gun or physical force to take things from their victims, according to a Chicago Police Department news release. The thieves took anything that could be valuable, including money, cellphones and a car.
During the most recent incident on Sept. 5, nothing was taken but there was an attempted robbery, police said.
The robberies and attempted robbery occurred:
• 2:42 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 900 block of East 81st Street
• 8:55 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 800 block of East 81st Street
• 1 p.m. Thursday in the 8000 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue
• 3:18 a.m. Friday in the 8200 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue
• 9 p.m. Aug. 21 in the 300 block of East 83rd Street
• 10:45 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 8100 block of South Vernon Avenue
• 5:15 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 8200 block of South Ingleside Avenue
The robbers have been described as one to four black boys or men who were 14-30 years old, 5-foot-3 to 6-foot-3 and 140-200 pounds, police said. They had various hairstyles, including afros, braids, dreadlocks, mohawks and short hair.
Anyone with information about the robberies was asked to call police at 312-747-8273.