WASHINGTON HEIGHTS — Chicago police have issued a community alert after series of garage burglaries in West Roseland and Washington Heights.
The burglar forcibly enters the garages through a side entrance or overhead door using a pry tool, stealing lawn equipment and tools from within, according to police in the Morgan Park District.
The burglaries all occurred between midnight and 2 p.m, police said.
Here's a list of when and where the burglar has struck:
• Aug. 13 in the 10000 block of South Emerald Avenue
• Aug. 13 in the 10500 block of South Normal Avenue
• Aug. 14 in the 300 block of West 107th Street
• Aug. 27 in the 10700 block of South Wallace Street
• Aug. 29 in the 10500 block of South Eggleston Avenue
• Aug. 29 in the 10800 block of South Green Street
• Aug. 29 in the 11400 block of South Eggleston Avenue
• Aug. 31 in the 10200 block of South Union Avenue
• Saturday in the 10200 block of South Morgan Street
Anyone with more information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.