CHICAGO — Police are warning people of fake ride-share drivers picking up people on the North Side then robbing them, sometimes at gunpoint.
In five separate early morning incidents in recent months, the victims have entered a vehicle before they were robbed by force or at gunpoint.
The incidents occurred:
• 2000 block of North Halsted Street on Sunday, May 28.
• 500 block of North Dearborn Street on Sunday, June 4.
• 1100 block of North State Street on Sunday, June 4.
• 0-100 block of West Illinois Street on Saturday, June 17.
• 2100 block of North Clark Street on Friday, June 30.
• 300 block of West Erie Street on Sunday, July 16.
Police also say a June 4 robbery in the 1100 block of North State Street may be related. In that incident, the robbers accosting a woman who was walking and took her possessions by force.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 312-747-8380.